Center for Social Enterprise Development
The Center for Social Enterprise Development offers resources, programs, bootcamps on social enterprise and acts as a primary network for social enterprise activity in Central Ohio.
Five Groups Selected for SE Catalyst 2017
The Center for Social Enterprise Development (CSED) will launch its second round of SE Catalyst,™ an intensive eight-month immersion initiative for Central Ohio nonprofits who wish to develop sustainable, social enterprise ventures. Five nonprofit groups in Central Ohio will participate in CSED’s second SE Catalyst cohort: Center for Balanced Living, Columbus International Program with US Together, Equality Ohio, Rebuilding Together Central Ohio, and YMCA of Central Ohio.
Columbus SOUP accepting education project applications through February 13
2) Projects that are selected will present at our Winter event on February 26 at the Columbus State Conference Center. Presentations are 5 minutes + 2 minutes for Q & A.This is your chance to pitch your project and get outreach exposure. We’ll notify those selected on February 16th. 3) Everyone votes on the project they like best, and the money collected from ticket sales becomes a cash grant awarded to the winner of the most votes. Our last event welcomed over 180 people and awarded nearly $2000!
Allen Proctor to Keynote at the California Association of Independent Schools
Allen Proctor, CEO, Center for Social Enterprise Development, will keynote the California Association of Independent Schools’ (CAIS) Trustee/School Head Conference, which will take place from January 28 to 29, 2017. His address, “A New Definition of a Sustainable School.” Proctor will also lead a follow-up session, “Using Social Enterprise to Achieve Sustainability While Preserving Your School’s Mission.” The Trustee/School Head Conference provides CAIS member schools’ new and experienced trustees, school heads and religious leaders workshops and sessions on a wide variety of topics vital to independent schools.
Seven social enterprises begin Six Sigma with OSU Fisher College of Business
Now Available: The 2016 Report of the State of Social Enterprise in Central Ohio
15 Organizations Selected to Participate in Second Social Enterprise Accelerator in Central Ohio
Center for Social Enterprise Development launches new SE Catalyst™ initiative
Five Central Ohio nonprofit organizations selected to participate in first cohort
The Social Enterprise Development Series for 2015-2016
Subscribe to The Social Impact Blog
Sign Up For The Social Link Newsletter
The Social Link is a monthly newsletter on social enterprise and social entrepreneurship that delivers thought-provoking resources on earning revenue with sound impact, and advice directly from Allen to your inbox.
Recent Blog Posts
- Social Impact Feature: Furniture Bank launches second social enterprise to help seniors downsize
- The MidWest Is Getting On the Social Entrepreneurial Map
- February’s Social Impact Feature: Deaf Initiatives’ Keepsake Theme Quilts Strives for Sustainable, Responsible Growth
- Entrepreneurship: What’s In It for Our Communities?
- Will Current Worries Prompt More Focus on Social Entrepreneurship?